Cvetkovic: Kraljevo to get prefab houses by October 2011
29. December 2010. | 04:38
The November 3 earthquake that scored 5.4 on the Richter scale left two persons dead and 180 wounded, while around 16.000 facilities have been reported as damaged.The Serbian government so far allocated RSD 1 billion (EUR 1 = RSD 106) for the purpose.
Serbian Prime Minister Mirko Cvetkovic stated on Tuesday that in the year to come, the construction of prefabricated houses should continue intensively in the central Serbian city of Kraljevo, which was hit by a severe earthquake on November 3, and promised that all the works in the city will be completed by October 1, 2011.
“Our plan is to continue with the activities in the next year, and I have confidence in people who have so far proved themselves as good organisers,” the prime minister said, pointing out the example of Serbian Minister for Public Administration and Local-Self Government Milan Markovic and Kraljevo Mayor Ljubisa Simovic.
Cvetkovic noted that the completion of works would be an important success since, if the plans come through, the consequences of the quake that affected over 50.000 people would be eliminated in less than a year.
“I believe that these people will not fail me if I promise to you that by October 1 next year, the construction of prefabricated houses will be completed. This will provide accommodation for everyone,” Cvetkovic said during a visit to the construction site in the local district of Jarcujak.
The prime minister noted that he has received information that 104 houses will be completed by the New Year.
The Serbian government so far allocated RSD 1 billion (EUR 1 = RSD 106) for the purpose.
The November 3 earthquake that scored 5.4 on the Richter scale left two persons dead and 180 wounded, while around 16.000 facilities have been reported as damaged.